Volunteering program in Nepal
Volunteering program in Nepal, Osho world adventure has volunteer opportunities available for those who need them for their projects and academic qualification through our organization in the beautiful country Nepal. This opportunity to a volunteers will gives a chance to make an important contribution to the people in Nepal and while doing so gain very well experience of the country and its culture that will stay with you the rest of your life.
Volunteering Programs in Nepal:
We have the various volunteering opportunities as per requirement, however following are list of some main program available in Nepal.
- Health Education Program in Remote Areas
- Environmental Awareness Program
- Orphan Children Program
- Home Stay and Cultural Exchange Program
- School And Community Development
Health Education Program in Remote Areas
Environmental Awareness Program
Environmental awareness program is one of the major volunteering activities in Nepal as the Nepal is rich sources for natural and cultural heritage. Volunteers can teach the environment conservation guidelines in local schools, communities and many children’s home.
This could include the informing children about the hazards of inappropriate garbage disposal, building a compost bin and teaching the children how to maintain it, creating paper recycling stations to teach the children a valuable skill that could ultimately be used in their future. Any person with good knowledge in environment education can apply for this volunteering program.
Orphan Children Program
In this program, volunteer will be placed in different orphan children home in Nepal where you have an opportunity to participate various educational and community aid programs which includes the teaching of Basic English, creative works and extra activities. As a volunteer, you can organize tours, games, drawings, singing, dancing, painting and other activities that the children enjoy and also learn something at the same time.
Most of the orphanages in Nepal are poor resourced , under staffed, and are struggling to run their programs. Osho World Adventure believes that there is urgent need of any kinds of help and support. There are many areas where volunteers can use their education, skills, and time making meaningful contributions in the life of orphan kids of Nepal. Helps are urgently needed in education, skill training, sanitation, and administration.
Home Stay and Cultural Exchange Program
School And Community Development
The placements are available as per the volunteers interest. Most of the volunteering program will held remote areas of Nepal where volunteers can experience the real and typical life style of undeveloped Nepalese people. The locations of the program placements can be different with regards to a number of issues.
Volunteers must be above 16 years without any health problems to apply for any of volunteering programs that Osho World Adventure offered. All volunteers have to option of having a break. During this time volunteers are encouraged to take advantage of Nepal’s natural beauty by going trekking, rafting, visiting wildlife parks etc.
Volunteers must pay an application fee of $150.00 to apply for any above program in advance. This fees covers administration, marketing, program information, communication and direct support of our Orphans.
The program fee covers administrative charge, training, accommodation and meals, transportation for volunteers and supervision. This fee is paid through us.
Duration Cost (In USD) 2 weeks US $ 425 Book now 3 weeks US $ 575 Book now 1 month US $600 Book now 6 weeks US $725 Book now 2 months US $850 Book now 10 weeks US $1125 Book now 3 months US $1200 Book now 14 weeks US $1325 Book now 4 months US $1450 Book now 18 weeks US $1525 Book now 5 months US $1700 Book now
The program fee covers
- Pick up from the airport, to and from the project site/s; Drop to airport at the time of departure.
- One day sightseeing around Kathmandu, world heritage sites, e.g. Patan Darbur Square, Pashupatinath, Baudhanath Stupa;
- Accommodation at a budget hotel and lunch at Osho World Adventure’s office during program induction;
- Accommodation and food during placement with a host family / hostel – Nepali standard 2 to 3 meals a day;
- Administrative charge;
- Stationeries during program induction;
- 24 hours emergency support;
- Online / off line program advertisement
- Free wireless internet at our office
The program fee excludes the following:
- Airfare, Visa and Visa extension fee – (check with your embassy or Nepal Immigration for the latest fee structure);
- Visa (tourist) fee in US$: 15 days:- US$25 30 days:-US$40 90 days: US$100 Per additional day:- US$2;
- Stationeries during volunteering period if you wish to use much;
- Breakfast and dinner during program induction ($10 per day will be enough)
- Transportation during weekends travel;
- Entrance fees to the cultural Heritage – $22 max for main cultural sites;
- Personal travel and sightseeing (trekking, jungle safari etc If you are interested Osho World Adventure can organize for you with affordable prices);
- Laundry, internet access, telephone, drinks or other costs accrued during training and placement;
- Gifts to project staffs and host family, if you wish to buy any;
- Should you wish to spend more time in Kathmandu pre and post placement period, please remember to budget accordingly!
- Travel and medical insurances, immunization, health expenses;
- You will also need a weekly budget of up to US $20 to cater for all your other expenses like bottled water.
How to apply?
- Complete this online application form or contact us;
- Attach your updated resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with two referee’s contact details(referrees can be for your work/university/family);
- Await confirmation from Osho World Adventure for acceptance;
- Pay $150 non refundable booking fee after you receive Osho World Adventure confirmation email;
- Osho World Adventure will confirm payment and send pre departure pack online.